Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Syria

MICHAEL BEN ARI:

I was filled with disgust when I saw the article about Rabbi Sherlow 's prayer for 'poor' children in Syria .

I was ten , when the Yom Kippur War broke out . I prayed in a neighborhood synagogue. Men went to war includ...ing a young man who always prayed there. This young man, also a soldier went to war on Yom Kippur. He and dozens of his friends were killed by Syrian soldiers on Mt. Hermon. Their heads were cut off and rolled away. ( That's only part of what they did to them ) .

I was a boy of eleven ( funeral was then a year later, because of circumstances , they were buried in temporary graves for soldiers for one year ). I was there when the funeral left from the house of his family.
Forty years have passed , but the story of the abuse of our solders at the Mt. Hermon outpost , burned me, like hot iron.

I saw Syrian soldiers ' poor ' when I was a soldier in the Lebanon War , It was a snowy winter , some frozen to death . We've seen it every morning with binoculars .

Have to say , no I did not cheer , but I did not shed crocodile tears .

My conclusion from what is happening in Syria is that we are a cynical and cruel world and quite egotistical.

I think immediately of my people and pray for them.

And by the way I ask , what is meant by Rabbi Sherlow and Secretary Bnei Akiva compassion , when they say the verse in Psalms :
O violated daughter of Babylon
fortunate is he who repays you commensurate with your recompense to us.
Fortunate is he who will clutch and dash your infants against the rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment